Chicken Provencal


Oui, oui. French cuisine has always been one of my all time favorites. There's just something special about the flavor and unique cooking methods that turns me into a Julia Child-wannabe. My mom is a huge fan of ripping recipes out of magazines and leaving them for me. Ya know, to "look" at. The recipe below is based off of one of her magazines, Health Monitor: A Guide to Diabetes. Exciting, I know! This is a low-calorie and low-carb meal - I made my version gluten-free. You're welcome.

Ingredients:

8 boneless chicken thighs
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons chickpea flour
2 teaspoons olive oil

2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 - 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 - 14.5 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 - 14.5 oz. can low sodium black olives, chopped
2 Tablespoons basil, chiffonade
1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock

Cooking Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then coat with chickpea flour. Preheat a large saute pan and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, saute chicken thighs for 2 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Place chicken thighs on top of a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet pan. Bake chicken thighs for 10-15 minutes, or until they reach 160 degree internal temperature.

While your chicken is cooking, clean your saute pan and heat it back up with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and cook until it is translucent. Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup of white wine, then add your tomatoes and bring to a simmer at low heat. Let tomatoes cook for 10-15 minutes and then add artichoke, olives, basil, parsley, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.

Your chicken should be done by this point. Add chicken thighs to saute pan and let simmer for 10 minutes, covered. Serve two chicken thighs and veggies over brown rice for a delicious, healthy meal for you and your guests!

Serves 4 people.

Suggestions and Such
My family LOVED this meal. It's light and has great flavor while still being good for you. I served this dish with brown rice, but I think I'll do it with spaghetti squash next time around! Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts